Pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer strive to leverage the unique potential of new technologies by engaging patients in their own healthcare decisions. This is enabled by innovative, patient centric digital health solutions such as connected medical devices, health apps or digitalized clinical trials. These can be rooted in e.g. AI technology, gamification technology, real-time data collection, behavioural science or novel sensors. In the end, this allows for continuous monitoring and will pave the way for improving long-term treatment outcomes, medication adherence and psychological health.
This presentation showcases how Pfizer leverages digital trends to connect with stakeholders in a different way in order to bring value to patients beyond medicine.
Our client’s women health portfolio was facing intense competition and their strategy was to retain patients on their approved drugs. In this regard, the client wanted to understand the perception and emotional state of women targeting In vitro fertilisation (IVF) and Endometriosis suffering from irregular bleeding, heavy menstruation or pain during their journey.
After exploratory research and an in-depth understanding of client requirements, BA Health (Borderless Access’ healthcare R&A brand) proposed a patient journey mapping solution that included primary market research study and an online patient community.
Our unique solution of patient research combined with data analytics and verified using secondary research helped design patient journey IVF and endometriosis. Our proprietary methodology included CAWI and Community based data collection models to capture patient experiences across treatment stages for USA and EU5 markets
We created specific patient journey maps for IVF and endometriosis by target markets. Along with patient journey maps we created a treatment algorithm and consolidated treatment insights. Using patient segmentation approach, we designed 4 patient cohorts to evaluate which patient cohort can be targeted for higher retention.
What if we could reduce huge scope brand tracking to only 3-4 essential KPIs, which have the strongest connection to prescription behavior? Could that help us to deliver better insights in a more efficient way? We are going to share:
• The challenges of the brand tracking metrics evaluation and suggest a solution
• A practical example of building up mini-survey on the essential KPIs to get market insights in a fast and efficient way
Modern technologies from the neurosciences open a novel avenue to better understanding people. That is because neurotechnology accesses both conscious and unconscious processes of the mind’s emotional and decision systems.
This talk will present scientific and applied marketing research cases demonstrating how brain scans with physicians and patients were used to assess how people perceive medical information. The audience will learn how information should be structured to be understood, which emotional networks play a role in understanding information and how pharmaceutical companies have used brain scans combined with learnings from psychophysics and machine learning to improve medical information.
But how to put theory into practice? In 2020, we’ve embarked on a journey to integrate the patient perspective as early as possible into our R&D processes. You will hear:
• What challenge we started from
• How we set ourselves up for this adventure
• Where we are today – and what learnings we can build on
The challenges of 2020 have led to problems for all healthcare stakeholders but this presentation will focus on the opportunities that have grown
• HCPs see more clearly the need for remote monitoring of patients with long term conditions as they were prevented from seeing patients face to face
• Views about privacy and other regulations are changing and patient acceptability may increase
• Payors may be willing to engage in different reimbursement models as patient pathways change
• Pharma has needed to focus on new models of communication with HCPs and others as well as the need to provide innovative patient engagement approaches for new products and devices
• Market research must assess opportunities for increased remote connectivity and test acceptability and ease of use
For Pharma/Biotech/MD&D, You Can Attend Two Premier Conferences for the Price of One!
PMRC Europe and Pharma CI Europe are joining forces to bring you an extraordinary virtual experience. From June 29 – July 2, for the price of one registration- you can have exclusive access to BOTH events, covering the best of market research and competitive intelligence.
For 10+ years, industry leaders have consistently turned to PMRC and Pharma CI as the go-to forum for connecting and getting critical industry news, anchored with the strong support and participation of pharma, biotech, medical device, and life sciences decision makers. The tradition continues, but now in a virtual format.
How It Works:
Register for either PMRC Europe or Pharma CI Europe, and your registration will be valid for both events.
PMRC Europe will be June 29-30 and Pharma CI Europe will be July 1-2. You’re welcome to attend as much or as little of this 4-day extravaganza as you’d like. We have a feeling you won’t want to miss one moment.
Why We’re Excited:
In the past, we’ve had many people ask about attending both events, but due to travel constraints and such, it was never possible. Now it is possible and we are thrilled to welcome both familiar and new faces to these conferences.
How PMRC Makes a Better Virtual Event for You:
– Fast-paced presentations, panels, and round tables
– Elite speaking faculty
– Many ways to engage LIVE via interactive round tables, Q&As after ALL sessions, exhibitor demos, live streams, etc.
– Energizing breaks between sessions
– You won’t miss a thing: all sessions will be available on-demand post-conference
– Every attendee has a chance to win fun prizes, like gift cards and more
Register today and save your front row seat to this once in a lifetime collaboration!